FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
This position is responsible for utilizing the ERP System planning information to develop, communicate and monitor the weekly schedules at all levels of manufacturing. This position is responsible for ensuring balance between inventory safety stock at each level of the manufacturing process (not including raw materials). This position will need to interface with Customer Service, Operations, Quality, Demand Planning and Procurement
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create weekly schedules for all manufacturing levels that satisfy customer demand with optimal inventory levels and resource utilization.
- Schedule Manufacturing as needed to complete all Inno/Reno projects in conjunction with overall project timelines
- Ensure that all schedules are within the capacity constraints of each manufacturing level
- Monitor each manufacturing level on a day to day basis to ensure that the schedules will be completed each week
- Daily monitoring of the Finished Good inventory against orders in house to determine if adjustments to the schedule need to be made to reduce the risk of out of stock
- Anticipate supply problems and implement resolution working jointly with procurement and/or manufacturing
- Ensure that all concerns are clearly communicated up
- Lead weekly scheduling meeting or the purpose of communicating the next week’s schedules as well as identifying, negotiating and resolving any conflicts with respect to material or capacity availability while maintaining the required inventory levels
- Ensure accuracy of information that is used to determine scheduling parameters (including, but not limited to, lot sizes, safety stock levels and BOM)
- Develop performance metrics against key supply chain indicators
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or 3-5 years of similar experience in a Production Planner role
- Experience in ERP data management
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be thorough and detail oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).