FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
The Graphic Designer thinks conceptually and strategically about design and ensures a consistent, high quality, high impact brand look and feel across all mediums. He/She works collaboratively with internal teams to develop a variety of print and digital marketing and sales materials to support FoodState and the MegaFood and Innate Response brands.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop creative concepts and design layouts for a variety of consumer and trade print materials including: packaging labels, ads, sell sheets, brochures, direct mail, displays, POS materials, coupons, invitations, handouts, signage, vehicle graphics, tradeshow & event graphics, presentations, premiums, apparel, etc.
- Develop creative concepts and design digital graphics and page layouts for websites, online newsletters, banner ads, emails, online advertising, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues and develop concepts and execute design for company signage and materials including: wall art, banners, posters, signage, award certificates and pins, event graphics, presentation graphics, premiums, apparel, etc.
- Prepare pre-press files for print production. Proof bluelines, match prints and press proofs, and supervise print runs as needed.
- Art direct photo or video shoots as needed.
- Maintain art file archives and ensure company-wide access to current logos, product images and brand standards, and ensure proper use within company communications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Graphic Design and 3+ years professional work experience.
- Track record of successful print and digital design projects that demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity.
- Strong sense of design and keen eye for detail.
- Proficiency in Macintosh graphic design hardware and software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of Macintosh operating system and familiarity with graphic design equipment (computers, printers, scanners, etc.) to be able to troubleshoot and solve basic problems and work with a Mac technician to identify and solve system problems or recommend upgrades or improvements to meet company needs.
- Ability to think and act creatively, strategically, and tactically.
- Ability to adapt in a hectic, changing work environment with a high volume of distractions and interruptions.
- Good communications skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Thorough knowledge of prepress production and printing.
- Ability to advance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to travel and work extra hours as needed.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Please include a link to your online portfolio.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving peoples’ lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).