FoodState is a pioneer in the natural products industry, being the first company to make vitamins from scratch, with farm fresh whole foods. For 40+ years, we have been making wholesome nutritional supplements that deliver the promise of farm fresh foods. All of us at FoodState are committed to producing the most authentic nourishment possible, and are dedicated to improving the lives of others with the products we make.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTIONS:
The Product Development Specialist is the lead on the Research and Development team to conduct analysis of market, category, competitive environment, trends and consumer preferences for application to the development of FoodState nutrients and supplements. Works closely with members of the R&D team, to create business cases, project scopes and critical new product documentations for executive approval and cross-functional team direction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research and develop new product concepts and business cases to support 18 month pipeline and brand strategic plans. R&D team lead to manage product renovations that require new ingredient(s) and/or formulations.
- Content development and claim substantiation for new products & associated labelling. Collaborate with R&D team to ensure new products/ingredients meet brand pillars and quality requirements from ideation to finished product.
- Manage and track KPIs for new product performance against business case. Conduct post-launch autopsy to evaluate/improve internal processes, product experience, forecast accuracy, quality and overall market response. KPI monthly tracking for the first 18 months of a product life and generate reports for monthly FoodState leadership meetings.
- Lead in generating all preliminary and working forecasts to support business cases and operational commercialization. Collaborate with Innate Response team in the initial creative development process of brand messaging, artwork, product content, positioning and educational materials.
- Quarterly evaluation and reporting of product sales to identify where products/category performance is relative to market place and product life cycle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Natural products industry experience with speciality in dietary supplements, nutraceuticals or functional foods is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in product development or new product marketing plan/execution.
- Understands best practices in labeling and marketing of Dietary Supplements under FDA guidelines, DSHEA and 3rd party certifications including Non-GMO and Certified Organic.
- Established track record and proficiency in bringing new products to market.
- Strong verbal communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Project management and proven ability to oversee and execute on several projects concurrently.
- Proficient in qualitative and quantitative analysis of product sales, market trends and consumer preferences.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition, Biochemistry, Botany or related major.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A company that is in the business of improving people's lives.
- A staff that is ready to mentor and encourage you to grow with the organization.
- An organization with a strong national and local presence and reputation, poised to become internationally renowned.
- Very competitive compensation plan that is salary and comprehensive benefits that are available your date of hire: medical, dental and life insurance, 10 paid holidays, and 12 days of PTO your first year, increasing to 15 days of PTO after your first anniversary and a matching 401(k).